My Healthy Winning Pasta Recipe!

I thought I'd quickly share a really great recipe I invented last night with you! It's quick, easy, healthy and very tasty too! I threw this recipe together quickly one night basically out of stuff I found in the fridge! I wasn't in the mood to go out shopping, and I wanted something quick and easy that wouldn't hurt the waistline too much! So, here goes!

(Serves 2)
Ingredients:
250g Dry pasta of your choice (I used tagliatelle, which I LOVE. Fettuccine also works well)
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion peeled & chopped
2 Medium Crushed Garlic Cloves.
1-2 Wheels of Feta Cheese
Herbs & Spices to taste

Method:
Boil the pasta until 'al dente,' drain and immediately rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process, and place in a bowl.
Drizzle with Olive Oil (don't be shy!)
Sautè chopped onion with the crushed garlic
in 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil .
Add the onions, herbs and spices.
Crumble the feta over the pasta, toss all together.
Can be served hot or cold!

Optional extra:
For those of you that like a little "tang" try this:
Add 1tin of chopped, peeled tomatoes and 6-8 chopped peppadews to the onions while they are being saut
èed.
Follow the recipe as above.

The reason I say it's a winner, is because my fianc
è generally doesn't like "healthy stuff" and he really liked this (with the optional extra!) So, Enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts

Template Design | Elque 2007